Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This Isn't Mashed Potatoes

Day 7 ~

I have got to catch up here, so I'll post again tonight.

Cailin was getting a little cabin fever yesterday, I think. It's been SO COLD here, so there isn't much getting out unless it's Tues. for gymnastics or Wed. for ballet. So, I'm having to come up with ways to entertain her. So, this isn't mashed potatoes in this first picture. I found a recipe online for playdough that was made from salt, corn starch and water. Easy! You had to heat it on the stove so it would come together. She loves mixing anything, so I measure, she pours and stirs. She enjoyed playing with this dough. I did too! It said on the recipe that you can air dry it and paint it after it hardens. So, I made the girls handprints on some dough that I rolled out. We'll see if it works.

Here's Cailin playing with her dough.

Notice Cailin's wearing a leotard? She changed clothes and dress-up clothes a HUNDRED times yesterday.

Warren has been working on our Christmas lights and decorations for several days now.

I think he's finally finished! For those of you who didn't see my Facebook entry over the weekend, Cailin and Warren had a funny coversation on Saturday.


Warren had just got on the roof of the house to start hanging lights.

Cailin: Daddy, can I get up there?

Warren: No, it's too dangerous.

Cailin: Then, why are you up there?

Ha, ha! She's a smart little cookie! She's always telling us to "get down" or "your going to get hurt" if we are standing on a chair or step stool.

Bye for now!

No comments: