Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Pe-paw

Today is my Pe-paw's 79th birthday! Happy Birthday Pe-paw! We love him dearly!



















He is one of the best cooks that I know. He loves to search cookbooks for new recipes to try out. I've given him a few cookbooks over the years and he loves to get new books to comb through. I love going over to their house to eat anything he or my Me-maw cooks. Yum! It makes me hungry just thinking about it!

He's also a great gardener, and is usually reading the next year's Almanac by now, planning what is going in his next garden and when.















This picture cracks me up! We took it last Christmas day, when I was about 5 or 6 months pregnant. He's had a big belly for as long as I can remember (he was a truck driver for at least 20 years or more) before retiring.















This picture is one of my favorites! I've posted it to this blog before. Last Christmas, Cailin opened Pe-paw's and Me-maw's gift (a sweater), and she ran over to him. She said, "Thank you, Pe-paw!" and gave him a huge hug. So precious!

Cailin LOVES Pe-paw (and Me-maw) so much! I am so blessed that she is getting to grow up and know them. My other grandparents have sadly all passed away, so they are my only grandparents left. I hope and pray everyday that they are around for several more years so we can so many more precious moments with them! I can't wait until I am living close to them again! Happy Birthday Pe-paw, We LOVE You!

No comments: