Monday, July 14, 2008

Misc. Ramblings

I have some new pics and scrapbook pages that I'll try to post later today. We had a good weekend. We got to see and visit with our good friends "The Flips" on Fri and Sat. They recently moved back home to PA. We sure do miss them, but are glad they are doing so well. We also got to go to a friend's daughter's christening. This friend is works in the same dept. as Warren. His wife was pregnant (and almost due) when he was about to deploy. His little girl was born the day before he deployed. They brought her home just hours before he left! Praise God he got to see her born before he left! Then, her christening was planned for this weekend, well he was just running and his Achilies Tendon (I probably didn't spell that right) snapped. So they careflighted him to Germany and then to the US, just a week before her christening. He had surgery to repair it the two days before her christening and he was at the church on crutches to see it! Praise God! He works in little ways that we are sometimes blind to, but sometimes like that it's so easy to see these little miracles.

We went to church yesterday and it was so great to be around all of the people that know and love us! We felt loved in so many ways! First, they knew we were gone and told us they missed us, but they hope we had a good time traveling as soon as we got there. Then, this lady gave me a couple of pictures that she had developed of Warren teaching the children's moments. At the end of service this little handicapped lady came up to us. I'm not sure what is wrong with her, she's very short, her face is a little disfigured, but she is smart. She adores C. She always has since she was a little baby and I always kind of dreaded this lady coming up to her in her stroller. Why you ask? Well, being a first time mom, you are so scared that your precious little baby is going to get sick from germs, right? Well, this lady always stands SO CLOSE to you, which usually caused C to wake up if she was napping. Then, she almost always touches C's pacifier and tries to put it in her mouth. So that was enough then for me to just dread seeing her every week. Now, I'm of course so much less paranoid about germs. C's bigger and I know her hands are probably almost always germ ridden. So yesterday she came up to us and we said Hi. She talked to us for a while, tried to put C's pacifier in her mouth (of course) then she said, "C, I love you" Oh, it was the sweetest thing! I just realized that these people really love us, well mainly C ;). I mean they've watched her grow up there and I know that so many people really love seeing her every week. It was just so nice!

One more quick thing. We had a lady speak at church yesterday about her missions trips. She's with this mission group called Purpose. They've sent her to China to teach English at a University. She's not like a regular missionary that preaches to people or hands out bibles. Her mission is to just teach her students English and just live so her students will want to ask her why she's so loving and happy. How easy is that? She says she's not allowed to talk about her Christian beliefs openly unless she's asked specifically why. She says she's only been asked several times. It was a little wake up call to me that I need to start acting more like that too! I gossip, cuss, get mad, of course I do, I'm human, but maybe before I start to do these things, I'll think of her and remember to act better! ;o) We'll see if it works! Gotta go for now, I'll try to post pics later! Bye!

No comments: