Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More Fall Ya'll And A Recipe To Boot

Today, we have been playing outside. The weather is soooo nice! One of our trees in the front is loosing more and more of it's beautifully colored leaves by the minute. Warren raked Cailin up a pile to play in.
She's running and jumping in them, kicking them and throwing them up in the air. I can't ever remember having this many on the ground before. Usually the wind is blowing 50 plus miles per hour, so they probably just blew away all the years before. The wind has been relatively calm lately, very strange for this area.

Here is a pic of Cailin throwing them in the air. It looks funny! I had to have her redo it like 3 times before I caught it in the air.

Cailin has obviously got over her dislike for laying in the leaves; Kylie has not.

I made this yummy cornbread last night. It has corn and green chiles in it.

I made the cornbread to go with this even yummier White Chicken Chili. I've made this before several times, but it has never came out this good! I got the recipe from this lovely lady from church. It's a very New Mexican dish since it has green chiles in it. I don't think I ever cooked with green chiles until I moved here, now I do quite a bit. When you go to restaurants around NM, they always have some dish with them in it. They are sooo tasty!


Here's the recipe for White Chicken Chili:

1 med. onion, chopped

1 garlic clove, minced

1 can garbonzo beans

2 cans Great Northern beans

1 can butter beans

1 can chicken broth

1 can niblet-style corn

1 (4oz.) can green chiles

1 lb. grilled chicken, cubed or shredded

1 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. pepper

1 cup sour cream

1/2 cup milk

1. In a large pan saute onion and garlic. Add all beans, cooked chicken, corn, chiles, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, uncovered.

2. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and milk. Serves 6-8 people.

No comments: