Monday, February 8, 2010

Kiss An Angel Good Morning

Meet Angel.
I know, I know, ANOTHER dog. It was totally my heart that broke when I saw her trailing this group of thug-looking guys and girls on Main St. I thought she was a stray because she was following them about a block behind them. I have always loved Westies and at first I thought she was one. So I made Warren take the block to see where she had went. When we circled around, the group had stopped to hang out on the side of this building. She was sitting across the street from them, just watching. So Warren slowed our car down and rolled down the window. He yelled out to them, "Is that your dog?" One of the guys replied, "Yeah, you can buy her!" They laughed. Warren said, "No, no, we just thought she was a stray." Warren started to roll up his window to leave. Then, this other guy said, "You can have her if you want." Warren looked at me like, "is he serious?" I just said, "Go see." So the guy came over to the edge of the street and called her. She immediately hung her head down, her tail between her back legs and creeped to him. When I saw that, I yelled out the window, "We'll take her!" So Warren picked her up and sat her in my lap and she rode home with us. I fell in love with her instantly.
I gave her a bath when we got her home and she has been at my side ever since. She follows me around from room to room. She looks for me as soon as Warren lets her inside from the garage in the mornings. I'll be in bed and I can her wining and going from room to room until she sees me.
She LOVES attention. She'll practically sit in my lap so I will pet her. She LOVES the girls and is so patient with them. Kylie can kind of say her name. She says, "An-ga".
She is still scared of loud, sudden noises and men. She will run from Warren unless he sits down to call her. She was obviously abused by a man, probably the very one who gave her to us. It makes me so mad and sad for her. She is such a SWEET dog. I've only heard her bark once or twice. She's just quiet and sweet.

We initially thought she's some kind of terrier mix because her hair is longish and a little wirey. So we looked up some pics of dogs on the internet. We found this one breed that looks identical to her. It's called a Wauzer, half Westie and half Schnauzer. So Miss Angel is a Wauzer!
I made the girls a cute little hair clip this morning. It looks like a carnation flower to me. I just ruffled some Valentine ribbon that I had and hot glued it to a circle of felt. Then glued that to a hair clip.
Here's Cailin modeling it. I literally had to bribe her with candy to let me take this one picture. Jeez! So sorrrry take time out of your busy day. ;0)

Here it is on Miss Kylie. I'll have to make another one so they will both have one.

This girlie was cracking me up with this spoon today. We were sharing a yogurt and she kept sticking the spoon completely in her mouth and smiling at me.

She's a clown in the making.

Funny, funny girl. She has learned to clap her hands and say "Ba" (bye).

Warren just got his "OFFICIAL" seperation date, it is March 5th! March 5th, can you believe it. That is only 3 1/2 weeks! Crazy!!!!!! I can't even comprehend it, yet. Bye!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Patti was telling us about the dog! She is so pretty!.....so March 5th...woo hoo!!!!