Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Tribute

I was so proud of myself this morning for actually getting to take a bath and get dressed with makeup before the girls woke up. I was reading one of my blogs that I like to read when I can and she had this written on it. I watched it and got chills on my arms and legs. Then I teared up (and messed up my makeup) when I watched all these people on the sides of the road as this fallen soldier rides to his resting place. I am so PROUD to be an American! I love all of the flags and the veterens that saluted the cars. Here's what she wrote:

a tribute to fallen soldier, Sergeant First Class John C. Beale from Peachtree City, Georgia.
It's long (probably about 10 minutes) but I can't help but feel like watching the entire thing is a tribute to all of our soldiers. If you do decide to make it through to the end, be sure to listen to all the words in the third song and keep listening for Taps at the end.
And these lyrics from the first song:
Oh, and I don't want to die for you,But if dying's asked of me,I'll bear that cross with honor,'Cause freedom don't come free.
God bless all you Georgians who showed up for this, Sergeant First Class John C. Beale and his family and all of those who serve our country. I can't thank you enough.
A tribute to Sergeant First Class John C. Beale


He and every fallen soldier deserve this much recognition when they are laid to rest. Let's not forget them and all they do for us. Without them I wouldn't have got the chance to wake up this morning with the safe feeling that I did. God Bless our Soldiers!

No comments: