Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Camping

Kylie is getting so grown up lately. She is really starting to pretend and play. Cailin has a bunch of little princess and Barbies. Kylie will play with them like Cailin does, making them dance while she sings, "la,la la,la". She was even trying to change their tiny clothes today.
She also has been really liking books lately. She crawls up to me with one in her hands trying to get it and her into my lap so I can read it to her.

This past weekend, Warren wanted to go camping at Lake Buchanan. He has this buddy that he was at Cannon with and he lives about an hour from there. So he and his girlfriend met us there on Sat. This little cabin is where we stayed. It wasn't like camping really, more like a rustic hotel room. It had 2 beds, a couch, table, kitchen, bathroom. So we weren't really roughing it at all.

Here's Cailin all ready for the lake, haha! These silly sunglasses I actually bought for Kylie, but Cailin insists that they are hers. They crack me up everytime she puts them on and I have to take her pic.

Here's Cailin checking out the lake. It was a nice lake, it even had some natural waterfalls coming into it from where the cColorado River feeds into it. My mother and father in law let us borrow their boat. Cailin was SO excited to go for a boat ride (that's all she talked about all day). When we finally went, after our friends got there, she fell asleep in my lap before it was even loaded in the lake. So, poor baby missed it! On the way home from the lake, Warren took us by Llano River in Llano, TX. This was by the spillway. He was crazy and walked across it. Cailin and I watched from the side. It was a pretty spot.
Cailin had lots of fun and alone time with Warren and I. We left Kylie at my mom's house overnight so I wouldn't have to worry about her on the boat and being outside so much. I can't wait for Kylie to start walking so we can all go!

No comments: